noisy mid position valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
good morning all

I have just put on the CH and the mid position valve is making a tapping noise :mad:

It all seems to move ok its just this tapping noise :mad:

is it on its way out ?

Sponsored Links
Since we're not psychics (I expect you knew that) it would help if you tell us what make and model of valve, and what control settings (e.g. HW on , CH off, etc) produce this tapping (and at what frequency), and whether the system functions normally or not.

chrishutt said:
Since we're not psychics (I expect you knew that) it would help if you tell us what make and model of valve, and what control settings (e.g. HW on , CH off, etc) produce this tapping (and at what frequency), and whether the system functions normally or not.

apologies i forgot peoples crystal balls dont work so well on a sunday :)

its an acl lifestyle mid position valve with w h m settings.tapping seems to have stopped now :)

after all the problems ive had of late im a little paranoid of any slight noise from the system.

Sponsored Links
You need to try different programmer and cylinder stat settings to see what combination causes the tapping. Or just bury your head in the sand and hope it doesn't happen again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back