Noisy, moving floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Noisy floorboards upstairs. I have noticed the floorboards have become noisy when walking on them and some are lifting, even make cracking noises when not walking on them. What trade do i need to check if anything is going on underneath? Do i need a joiner or a builder?

Sponsored Links
Noisy floorboards upstairs. I have noticed the floorboards have become noisy when walking on them and some are lifting, even make cracking noises when not walking on them. What trade do i need to check if anything is going on underneath? Do i need a joiner or a builder?
It would be quite easy to see if there's a problem with the joist if you lift a couple of the loose floorboards. If the joist looks sound then nailing down the floorboards (some recommend nailing + glueing) could sort the problem out. If you want a tradesman then a wooden flooring person could do it for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back