Noisy Open Vented System after Pump change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My system is an open vented system feeding 12 radiators, 5 of which are doubles. The system was working well with no noises using the old British Gas pump, a myson I believe. Within a short timescale the 3 way was replaced and shortly thereafter the pump was replaced with a Wilo Smart A.

Ever since the system has not run properly making lots of noises in the pipes when the pump commences running. You can hear the noise of air bubbles being pumped around. The system had fernox f3 added for a week and was fully flushed. All radiators were removed and cleaned. Some did have deposits in them but nothing major. The system was refilled, bled but was no better with the annoying pipe noises still in evidence and the pump still appearing to force air around when initially starting up. I assume it is normal for this Smart A pump to cycle on / off as that is what it does at first. The noises disappear quite quickly once the initial pump burst is over. The system has been bled many times and also the pump has been bled, but there has been no major release of trapped air.

Can anyone provide me with the best course of action to take and / or the best central heating expert I can employ in the Swindon area of Wiltshire.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back