noisy pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when we turn on the ch from cold we get a knocking under the floorboards(every 5 secs for about 5 mins). i am going to take up floorboards and locate trouble area. when i find it would you say it is because clamps too tight or too loose. i am going to put some armaflex tape 3mm x 50mm under the clamps. is it also worth lagging pipes under floor with armaflex pipe insulation 015 along the run (approx 10mtrs along bedrooms)

Sponsored Links
It sounds like you have noise from thermal expansion of pipework, this often happens when pipes run in notched out joists are to close to wooden joists usually where they change direction and especially on long straight runs, some kind of insulator between wood and the pipes lagging etc will cure, you should lag pipes under ground floors and it's not a bad idea to lag them under suspended floors as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back