noisy pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone help. I have just recently had a new washing machine plumbed in and I don't know if this has had anything to do with my problem but ever since it's been installed my toilet cistern and pipes have developed a noise. The best way I can describe it is the noise you get from your toilet after you have flushed it and it starts to fill up again but doesnt stop. I can feel a vibration off the pipes in the toilet and from the pipes under the sink. I am also getting the noise travelling to the outside pipe that comes from the roof down to the drain. Would be grateful of any help as it is driving me mad.

Thanks angie

MOD

please dont hijack other peoples threads
your post has been split

Sponsored Links
Water hammer!

Caused by loose pipes high pressure and sharp bends in the pipework.
Possible cures

Clip up loose pipework
Renew ballvalve washers
Fit a pressure reducing valve
Sometimes you can reduce the effect by turning your stoptap so that it is barely open yet open enough to provide a flowrate such that you can say fill a kettle in a reasonable time or get adequate supply to a cold bath tap or electric shower

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back