Noisy pump in loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is a very annoying humming noise coming from the pump which is connected to the water tank in my loft when I turn the boiler on. I Tried turning down the pressure on the pump, but this makes no difference...ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY BECAUSE IT'S CONSTANT..AARRRRGGG....HELP

ALSO MY HEATERS DOESN'T SEEM TO BE VERY HOT, THEY FEEL WARM BUT NOT VERY HOT SO MY HOUSE IS FREEZING, I TRIED BLEEDING THE RADIATORS BUT IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE....ANY IDEAS?

Sponsored Links
My pump makes loads of noise when there is air in the system, bleeding the rads does nothing and the rads don't get warm.

All I had to do was bleed the pump - not sure if they are all the same but mine just had a big wheel on the front which you turn by hand with the pump running, it then dribbled out the noise changes then it hisses a bit of steam out, then starts again - after 5 or 6 hisses it stops - the pump is then much quieter and the rads all heat up instantly

Sponsored Links
not really adressing the Original Posters query, however the faq is useful

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37170

check No9, as described pump can be bled via the large silver screw in the centre of the pump.

also you can tell if the pump is running or not by shining a light in the hole.
if its stopped, TURN POWER OFF and insert screw driver into the slot and turn to free if possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back