central heating pump failure and boiler tripping out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a potterton system. Suprima 60 boiler. Potterton pump CP63. hot water storage tank and 2 cisterns in the loft. it has 2 automated valves one attached in line with pump and one attched in line with storage tank. the house has 15 radiators.
for 6 months the boiler was tripping out (flash in red) 2-3 times per day. restarts on reset. then 4 months ago one automated valve broke and the electric actuator repalced on advice from this forum.
3 days ago no more heating of radiators but hot water. the normal pump circulation sound was replaced by a humming noise, and upper floor radiators barely warm and ground floor dead cold. system drained and pump replaced 2 days ago (Potterton CP63 brand new with side lock valves replaced as well).. system worked very well and no tripping. no same problem occurred. humming pump noise. slightly warm top radiators, very cold ground floor radiators. changing the pump speed makes no difference. boiler fires normal and continues for a while then flashes green for a while then restarts and so on. why a new pump fails? help please. do i need to repalce my heating system, it is 8 years old.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back