Noisy road solutions

Lobby the council for 'traffic calming' measures - bumps, chicanes, 20-limit etc. Invent a couple of near-miss accidents to support your ideas. Councils are under instructions to cut accidents so give them a push in the right direction.

Sponsored Links
Lobby the council for 'traffic calming' measures - bumps, chicanes, 20-limit etc. Invent a couple of near-miss accidents to support your ideas. Councils are under instructions to cut accidents so give them a push in the right direction.
Yea some speed bumps or chicanes on a dual carriageway! Idiot!

@ the OP, with 4 kids your neighbours have probably posted on here asking how they can sound proof their gardens! :LOL:

If you want the country quiet life then you have to pay the price and move to the country.

But I already live in the "country" seco, believe it or not they have dual carriageways here :rolleyes: I also have a tv, but don't get much time to watch it as I'm obviously getting alot more "action" than you. :LOL:

Thanks goes out to all the constructive comments, you have helped me formulate a plan, work starts next week. Double skinned fence. I will update with results when completed.

Tom

Sponsored Links
you could sdk the highways agency or environment agency for some information on their fences.

The fences they build along motorways and the like are apparently designed to reflect road noise and disperse it back to the road where it cam from.

They usually build them on a huge bund of soil too. but the fences seem to be flat on one the back and then angled at the side facing the road. and they are usually quite thick looking too.

Just a suggestion. or http://lmgtfy.com/?q=acoustic+barriers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back