Trying to build fence with a drop on one side

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The recent winds kindly took down my old fence. I am unfortunatly selling the house and do not wish to spend a fortune on fencing, but wish it to be a good enough job to hold.

it was the whole side of my garden, it had a 10meter long, by 6foot high fence. There is a foot drop on the other side of my garden towards the road. I think the problem was whoever put it up before me didnt put the supports deep enough and do they have come out.

It was previously timber posts with aris rail and feathered boards. I was thinking of putting in some concrete posts and re-using some of the feathered boards to rebuild my pannels to keep the costs down.

Would you recommend this?

Also, if i wish to put in a 6foot fence, and ive got a 1foot drop (at certain points) I guess i need 2foot in the ground concreted in, i need 9foot posts. do these exist?

any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

AB.

Sponsored Links
9' posts do exist, i think you can even get 10' too.

1' gravel boards would be very useful in this situation.

Sponsored Links
Re-using your existing fence timber will take more time than you think. Rarely are arris rail type fencing on 6ft spans. If you're selling up, why not get some 6ft x 6ft cheapo panels for a tenner each.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back