Noisy unvented cylinder, poor installation

If your drawing is correct, it might explain the air being drawn in, because the vent pipe is before the pump, and cold feed is after.

Sponsored Links
If your drawing is correct, it might explain the air being drawn in, because the vent pipe is before the pump, and cold feed is after.
I had thought this as most drawings have the vent pipe after the pump. anyone else got any suggestions or could this be the issue.

you have an unvented HW cylinder and an open vent CH system, your drawing is wrong that is not a PRV that is an automatic by pass ABV, your post makes absolutely no sense , you should start again .

First you say it is a new cylinder then you say it was installed a year ago, now you are on about your pump

The pump, ever since installed has been quite noisy, it vibrates a lot and you can hear it through the floor and the walls, it also makes a sort of air crackling noise on all speeds, the sound could be due to the fact they just drained the system so there may be air but it has been a week nearly.
What has been a week nearly ???

you have an unvented HW cylinder and an open vent CH system, your drawing is wrong that is not a PRV that is an automatic by pass ABV, your post makes absolutely no sense , you should start again .

First you say it is a new cylinder then you say it was installed a year ago, now you are on about your pump

Ian I appreciate your help but I do not appreciate the tone you have used, as I have said before I am not experienced, I am just drawing from my knowledge, and from what I'm told, in regards to the (ABV) I was told it is a prv by the plumber.
I don't know about you but I count a year old cylinder as new and not old, but that's just my wording, if you read my post properly I said he installed a new cylinder and new plumbing (everything new including the pump) the issues I asked are in the bullet points. The whole issue got diverted when I was asked what the tank was for, I am only asking for help on why when the pump turns on it sucks air through the vent pipe.
Again if you read the post I said it was drained and obviously air entered the system and that could possibly be the Reason for the noise but it has been a week since that happened and the pump vibrates a lot.

Sponsored Links
why was it drained ?
The plumber who the builder employed, hadn't put inhibitor in the system and so there was a build up of sludge, the builder got his men to drain it and clean the rads that were full of sludge.

Yeah get a G3 registered plumber in. Don't waste your time with the builder or his mate, and accept you are going to have to spend money.

You shouldn't have to being only a year old, but your not going to get anywhere with them, and it's unlikely with your admittedly little knowledge you will be able to fix it.

It's very difficult to offer help when the information given is guessed or incorrect.

Yeah get a G3 registered plumber in. Don't waste your time with the builder or his mate, and accept you are going to have to spend money.

You shouldn't have to being only a year old, but your not going to get anywhere with them, and it's unlikely with your admittedly little knowledge you will be able to fix it.

It's very difficult to offer help when the information given is guessed or incorrect.
Totally understood thanks for the help guys, anyways I'm calling a plumber in soon cause the boiler needs servicing so will ask him. How do you know if they are g3 certified? The plumber that I have called, on the gas safe website is certified for unvented cylinders, is that the same as the g3?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back