Noisy Vaillant Ecotech plus 831

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ecotech plus which has been making a buzzing and vibrating sound intermittently for a few years. I have told the Vaillant engineer when they visit every year, but they can’t seem to locate the problem as the sound is never present when they visit.
I have recorded the sound as it is qetting louder and more frequent!

If anyone could identify the sound, I will try and upload it as the file extension is an issue

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Change divertor as bypass rattling very common need a gas safe engineer though, get a brass divertor as more robust then the plastic ones.
Hope this helps

Change divertor as bypass rattling very common need a gas safe engineer though, get a brass divertor as more robust then the plastic ones.
Hope this helps
Great, thank you. I have a contract with Vaillant to maintain and service the boiler, so will book an engineer.
I’ve just checked the water level and it seemed a bit low (forgot to check level prior to filling ) but it’s now at 1.8bars and 67 degrees and it has gone quiet again now so not sure if that was part of the issue too?

Sponsored Links
Either take the advice or not as your the asking because you haven't a clue ;) ,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back