Which Vaillant's Ecotech Plus combi?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First of all, I like to thank you guys for the posts here which led me to Vaillant's Ecotech Plus combi range.

I just had 2 Vaillant accredited installers over and asked for a quotation. Quite happy with what they quoted, One of them even provides 5 years warranty for parts and labour.

The only question I have is which combi I should go for between a 831 and a 837 .

I live in a 4 bedder (10 radiators) with 2 others and water demand is relatively low.

In terms of the extra DHW, I probably will not benefit much as the Water pressure here is not particularly high.

However, the 837 gives 28KW max CH output, 4KW more than the 831, which in my interpretation means less stressful for the combi in winter heating.

One of the installers pointed out that the 831 will be enough and work more efficiently for the size of the house.

I just wish to have a second opinion on this please.

cheers

steve

Sponsored Links
with low water demand then the 831 will be more than adequate unless your wanting to have something like a rainwater shower unit in which case the 837 would be better.
i have fitted numerous 831's and a couple of pro28's and so far never had any complaints.

Stick to the 831.

The 837 would only be range rated for your rads anyway.

Why range rate it?

The Vaillant instructions say no need as it varies output to match CH demand. :D

Sponsored Links
Why range rate it?

The Vaillant instructions say no need as it varies output to match CH demand. :D

its better to range rate it; boiler will be condensing in mode longer, less heat stress on the h/exch, run quieter, cycle less and be more efficent.

an 837 would be 28kw on start up for 10 rads; not a good idea.

831 it is then!

Thanks guys, you have been more than helpful.

cheers

steve :D

I've never had a customer who has been disappointed with a 831 to date.

I don't fit Vaillant anymore though.

its better to range rate it; boiler will be condensing in mode longer, less heat stress on the h/exch, run quieter, cycle less and be more efficent.

Totally agree with you, since we have range rated the boiler it is much quieter, although it was never noisy and it doesn't need to fire at 28kw when we only have 16kw of rads.

Totally agree with you, since we have range rated the boiler it is much quieter, although it was never noisy and it doesn't need to fire at 28kw when we only have 16kw of rads.

Dead right David, we'll make a heating engineer of you yet. :D

I need to do work experience next year, have any good recommendations?

All I've been told is that I'll need to study Physics and Maths, which I don't mind, I want to be like proper qualified if you know what I mean.

fluid dynamics, co efficients of linear expansion, quantum physics.

or get yerself 20,000 odd posts on here, people will think you are Jesus :evil: :evil:

I need to do work experience next year, have any good recommendations?

All I've been told is that I'll need to study Physics and Maths, which I don't mind, I want to be like proper qualified if you know what I mean.

write to the boiler manufacturers and bg for work experience; physics and chemistry are relevant subjects and electrics & mechanics are very important too.

Good luck.

Thank you, just out of interest, did any of you want to become heating engineers when you were my age?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back