Valiant ecotech plus 418 noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Had a new ecotech plus 418 installed only 2 months ago and it is noisy. Sounds like a plane landing/droning noise. I did mention to installer (British gas) but he said this was normal. It sounds louder than the 16 year old boiler it was exchanged for. Is this right?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I have exactly same boiler installed October it is whisper quiet compared to my old one. It is in my kitchen and while it does make a noise it's hardly noticeable. Are you able to record the sound and upload will help to identify a problem possibly.

Just to show how I make the comparison in noise my bedroom is above kitchen my old boiler I could hear loudly and would wake me up when it came on. This boiler I can't hear and for the first few mornings when I woke up for work and could hear no sound I was worried it was not working but nope just much quieter.

It is a common problem and requires just a small adjustment.

Sounds as if it was not properly set up at installation.

As the others have said this is a very quiet boiler when correctly set up.

Tony

it requires setting up properly get BG back as soon as and do not let them fob you off

Sponsored Links
Any advice on what type of adjustment so I know they are not fobbing me off. Thanks.

I checked the installers booklet and the following shows

max co 136 ppm co/co2 8.18 ratio 0.0011
At min 94 ppm co/co2 8.04 ratio 0.0007

How true this is I don't know.

Once again thanks for all your help. Will be calling BG back this week.

I checked the installers booklet and the following shows

max co 136 ppm co/co2 8.18 ratio 0.0011
At min 94 ppm co/co2 8.04 ratio 0.0007
136ppm/8.18% CO2 = 0.0016 ratio.
94ppm/8.04% CO2 = 0.0011 ratio.

That's what the installer has written in the booklet he had to complete when he installed the boiler. Thanks for letting me know. I have the gas man coming tomorrow. Will mention this to him and question the ratios. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks again

British Gas Engineer came, said he had the same boiler and it doesn't sound noisy. Considering I have checked the Vaillant website and the boiler I have has been given a quiet mark accreditation, I do believe this is mis-guided. Mentioned to him the ratios do not seem to add up and he did not seem interested. Never bothered checking. Looks like another call out this week to British Gas.

Just got home heating just came on I am sitting in next room to where the boiler is with the door open no TV on and I can just so slightly hear it. I would keep calling them eventually they will get annoyed and sort it out hopefully.

your high & low co2% is too low it definitely needs adjusting and it will probably sort your ratio out as well , as Steelmasons has highlighted those results don't add up ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back