Nominal power of a oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, would this be the value used when calculating the cable size.

Could this be connected to the kitchen circuit

Or a is a dedicated supply required?

"Nominal Power: 5.4 kW

Supply can vary depending on usage, please consult a qualified electrician for ampere requirement"

Sponsored Links
As it says, the Nominal Power is 5.4kW.

However, it depends, as you say, what is the maximum that could be on at the same time.
This then would be the Design Current of a circuit solely supplying the oven.

If it were less than 13A then it could be fitted with a plug and plugged into the socket circuit.

Have you any more details?
If not, what is the make and model number?

Hi

Thanks fo the respone
Image attached

smeg suk62mfx

I got the wattage from a manual I found online, but I don't thinks its the exact model having just checked again

Attachments

• IMG-20181007-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20181007-WA0003.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 246

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181007-194123.png
    Screenshot_20181007-194123.png
    111.9 KB · Views: 237
Sponsored Links
Well, to be accurate 5.4kW is 22.5A but they may as well install a standard cooker circuit.

When you say "oven" I think you mean "cooker"

A cooker uses much more energy than an oven does.

It is vital to know, but unclear from your posts, if this is an all-electric, a dual-fuel, or a gas appliance.

Quoting figures from some other appliance is worse than useless, it is misleading.

When you say "oven" I think you mean "cooker"

A cooker uses much more energy than an oven does.

It is vital to know, but unclear from your posts, if this is an all-electric, a dual-fuel, or a gas appliance.

Quoting figures from some other appliance is worse than useless, it is misleading.

Free standing cooker with Gas hop, i thought the power consumption was the main info.

Any how what do you recommend?

Just found this on the next page -

upload_2018-10-7_20-4-48.png

so it can't have a 30A/32A fuse/MCB with that cable (well it could, but...).
Best let an electrician examine it and decide.

Is there another rating plate or sticker anywhere - sometimes inside the door surround?

If it's a dual-fuel cooker with a gas hob, and a large and a small electric oven, it probably needs a 20A supply, but I don't see the figures for the actual cooker you have in mind.

13A is insufficient for a double oven.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back