Non British Gas advice please re Boiler Pressure Relief Pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here`s a fact that will SAVE the op £ .......... the guy to fit the copper pipe in place of the plastic one Doesn`t need to be Gas Safe :idea: - any old jobbing plumber can do it :mrgreen: ................

That`ll bring the thread back on track :LOL:
Just when you think it's safe to get back in the water..... :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Had a Heating Engineer in this morning and he issued a Landlord Cert with advisory note of the pipe.

My issue solved and BG binned :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks all, it's been an experience.

So you are not a lonely housewife at all but a greedy landlord!

Not that I ever believed that you were a lonely housewife.

You might even be a man hoping to get more replies!

Had a Heating Engineer in this morning and he issued a Landlord Cert with advisory note of the pipe.

My issue solved and BG binned :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks all, it's been an experience.
You might like to try BG for drains :idea: Now that the water companies have adopted most of the drainage system - BG will take care of those last few feet to the Rented :evil: Property . Tenants have a habit of abusing housing services ;) :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
And obviously you will also be looking to get that minor defect fixed ;)

Being pedantic, in the very very very unlikely event of that pipe actually being any issue at all - then the fact it's been listed as an advisory would be evidence that you knew about it. So a tiny tiny risk of liability should anything actually happen.

Well you let it all out,..it's quite apparent that you clearly don't understand your industry. A PRV IS a safety device!!!
Maybe if you took a step back for a minute you'll realise everyone on this forum has disagreed with you so far. This includes highly trained commercial engineers, independants, people who run entire companies and your very own colleagues. How long will it take before you actually quote some actual regulations or facts to prove us all wrong.
As mentioned many posts ago....Where in the GSIUR(you might need to google that) does it mention a PRV pipe let alone suggest it can be dealt with using the Unsafe Situations Procedure? You can't answer this because its not there.
PRVs falls under building and water regulations, its nothing to do with Gas. I suggest you go back to college.

Sealed system with no pressure relief is in GIUSP.....AR. :rolleyes: :oops:

Sealed system with no pressure relief is in GIUSP.....AR. :rolleyes: :oops:
haha yeh forgot about that, but thats because it makes a gas appliance dangerous, unlike a pipe...... :rolleyes:
yes of course you forgot!!..there's so much knowledge in there that you used to "teach people like me" (remember?) ...yes let's just laugh that one off and disregard your misdirected abuse

Now that everyone has had their say I seem to remember (last year) about l0nelyhousewife - either here or elsewhere - having provoked interest and not responding. As Agile says or rather implies l0nelyhousewife is a bit of a red herring and I'd tend to agree with him. ......Well it's not the sort of name one would use on a site like this is it?

I have to admit that BG probably do provide a fairly consistent and safety biased response.

It would be interesting to hear some stories of BG engineer's involvement with independents ( in the proper place of course! )

Tony

Aye, that's right Tony; Wash the dirty laundry behind closed doors!!........................... :LOL: :LOL:
Of course, the combustion chamber pot is not a public forum!!

I have to admit that BG probably do provide a fairly consistent and safety biased response.

It would be interesting to hear some stories of BG engineer's involvement with independents ( in the proper place of course! )

Tony

Aye, that's right Tony; Wash the dirty laundry behind closed doors!!........................... :LOL: :LOL:
Delta!! well wee man, seems your axe is still sharp, have you no work in today? I'm day off ....need it to count my money

Tony

Delta!! well wee man, seems your axe is still sharp, have you no work in today? I'm day off ....need it to count my money

As a CEO I drive a desk most days mate & for light relief I like nothing more than winding-up the CC/CCC, CPSs & DaftyDIY'ers.......... :LOL: :LOL:

I hope your phone rings soon & you get some work Bloohard.

How you going in this months spook a granny competition.

Still,least you've been taught how to fix things with blue roll and LSX.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back