Non-return valves

E

ELDON

Having plumbed in my new bath with no problem I tested it out and retired to bed feeling very proud of myself.
About 2 hours later I woke to hear a hissing sound coming from the bathroom.
On inspection I found that water was escaping from the nut/rubber washer on the non-return valve which must be present nowadays due to building regs.
Luckily I had a spare one and , having replaced it I have seen no leak- YET.
Does anyone know why this should have happened and will I have to worry about it happening again, say when I'm out of the house for a day or two?

Sponsored Links
its like anything you can buy defective parts

Like the obvious is not obvious?

Anybody know how long you live with these things before you have faith that the ones you have fitted are not going to be defects and flood the house?

Sponsored Links
Thing is though Kev- is this site about experienced, knowledgeable people helping out amateurs like myself or do you just sit there waiting to patronise us.
I was aware that the problem was likely to be a defective part. The reason I ask the question is to use that experience and knowledge to confirm- but in a none sarcastic way.
You answered my last question, also, but in such away that I was no better informed afterwards.
Site could be so good- or is that god?. Sanity!

fitted a bath mixer once then had to change it cos it leaked
then had to change it cos it leaked
5 times in all the customer got that sick of the b*oody things she asked me to fit a pair of taps
its like anything you can get duff gear :cry:

Where must a non-return valve be fitted in a bathroom? In the shower mixer? Where exactly? How would i know if i was looking at one?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back