Non standard gutter angles for bay roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I'm looking for some advice on how best to add guttering to my bay window. I've put up with it just dripping on to my window sills and then onto the concrete below for years, but a combination of heavy rain, me working under it and a concern of wet walls, has made me rethink. I was thinking of getting mini-flo or similar, as it's only a small roof. But my problem is the angles.

The front two are 145 degrees, but the two outer ones are 165ish.

The window faces north and either side are walls, which means its rarely completely drying out. Is it possible to bend guttering slightly?

full

Sponsored Links
You can get an adjustable angle piece for Galeco's 135mm galvanised gutter that go to 165. There does seem to be a discrepancy whether it's 100-165 degrees or 100-135 degrees - I think it's 165. The gutter section might be a bit big for your bay though - I used this galvanised 135mm on a fairly large garage recently and it looks good, but does look a little larger than we normally see in plastic. AFAIK adjustable plastic corners only seem to go to 156 degrees.

https://www.guttersupplies.co.uk/st...djustable-angle-135mm-galvanised-p-LUX135ADJ/

https://galeco.pl/en/products/galeco-luxocynk-system/elements/135100

You’ll get away with using 2x 135 and 2 x150’s you can taper the cut of your gutter to help. Miniflow is shyte, it will block up after a week, just stick some normal domestic on there. You get more leverage with round gutter.

You’ll get away with using 2x 135 and 2 x150’s you can taper the cut of your gutter to help. Miniflow is shyte, it will block up after a week, just stick some normal domestic on there. You get more leverage with round gutter.

Thanks, I'll what do you mean about tapering the cut?

Sponsored Links
A full guttering run round a bay window is always going to look fairly horrid (less so if its a full height 1st floor thing). Is there any scope for redoing the bay roof so it has an upstand & a drainhole at the lowest point?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back