non standard internal doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone give me a link to a website that can supply internal doors, which are standard in height of 1981mm but come out at just under 2' 5". I have looked at the linings and they have been fitted to this size of the door. reducing or fitting new linings is out of the question and ripping down a 2'6" door is also out of the question as the margins will look odd, any ideas please.

Sponsored Links
You sure its not a metric 726mm door which would give a frame width of 730-732 and the door has been trimmed for carpet/laminate.

Jason

Ah, Spot on! it is a metric 726mm door as you stated, the linings internally are between 727 and 735mm to be sort of precise! Lack of experience is the factor here, as I have only ever put linings in for Imperial doors, 2.0 2.3 2.6 2.9 blah blah blah. Might be a stupid question but can you still get metric doors in this day and age?

Its a shame really as the doors in this house, albeit they have been painted and have had all manner of things done to them to suit the trends of previous decades, are, in my humble opinion, bl**dy good quality.

I would like to get them dipped and I don't care that they will probably twist and buckle and go all out of shape "just move the stops to suit", but oh no, her in doors, would rather I got some crappy old pine doors from Magnet for 35 quid each, whack a bit of stain on and hey presto "stained sh*te doors, yippee!

Moan over! :D

Sponsored Links
Yes you can still get metric doors but also check your heights, metrics are 2040 tall.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back