Non standard waste help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We've bought a Franke RNDH260 sink from screwfix and I'm trying to plumb in the waste. Unfortunately the supplied waste isn't quite big enough (by about a mm) to fit onto a normal kitchen P trap. With a name like franke, I am assuming it's some european metric size.
15134664414941379168811143535367.jpg

Should I be chucking the whole waste(+overflow?) out and trying to get a more standard one, if so which one would fit a 46mm drain hole (and 30mm overflow hole)? The plug is rubbish quality so it wouldn't be a great hardship to chuck it.
upload_2017-12-16_23-13-25.png

For background it's just a secondary sink for near the hob so we can drain pans and fill the kettle, but a 40mm trap would be better than 32.

Any advice appreciated!

Sponsored Links
John ,your not trying to connect a 1 1/2 inch trap are you ? Should be 1 1/4 inch for a basin ?

John ,your not trying to connect a 1 1/2 inch trap are you ? Should be 1 1/4 inch for a basin ?
I am indeed and I hadn't twigged that it might be a basin waste size, I'll grab a smaller waste and have a go tomorrow!

Sponsored Links
Your gonna need a few other bits as the trap will accept 1 1/4 pipe and your kitchen waste pipes 1 1/2 ,so a reducer should be on your list :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back