Non-toxic jointing compound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Silly question. I'm using some Hawk White jointing compound on threaded radiator couplings/reducers and just used the same jointing compound since it was handy on an old compression nut thread feeding the ball valve in my feed and expansion tank. Since the central heating water is not drinking water I assume that is fine but I'm just wondering whether that would also apply to the main loft tank? I wouldn't fancy drinking that water but it is used for brushing teeth and showering.

Is there any real difference between non-toxic jointing compound and the non-toxic WRAS approved variety? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Silly question. I'm using some Hawk White jointing compound on threaded radiator couplings/reducers and just used the same jointing compound since it was handy on an old compression nut thread feeding the ball valve in my feed and expansion tank. Since the central heating water is not drinking water I assume that is fine but I'm just wondering whether that would also apply to the main loft tank? I wouldn't fancy drinking that water but it is used for brushing teeth and showering.

Is there any real difference between non-toxic jointing compound and the non-toxic WRAS approved variety? Thanks.

My Granny lived in a house with all lead pipes, she smoked 60/day until she was 70. She liked a drink too & she could polish off a half bottle of Vodka of an evening. She came from hardy Farming stock & lived until she was 110. She worked until she was 85 too!!
Like my Granny, I don't give a sh.t about what Boss White I use!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back