None firing Vaillant boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,we are having problems with our Vaillant VUW242E boiler,when opening the taps and/or putting central heating on the water is cold.Noticed that when i turn the power off and on at the front the boiler the Flame indicator light comes on and flickers before slower going off,also the Ignition indicator light stays off when tring to get hot water and when trying to get hot water the Flame indicator light is ON,just replaced the Main Gas Solenoid(17 0365) thinking it was this but boiler refuses to ignite.Any suggestions please?
Thx.
Mick.

Sponsored Links
One wonders why you replaced the gas valve?

Are you CORGI registered to change gas components?

Tony

Browsing the forum our problem seemed to point to this item and didnt know i wasnt allowed to replace myself.5 mins to shop and back and another 5 mins to fit the part(£31) job done,shame it didnt fix the problem.Any other helpers?
Thx.
Mick.

maybe to late but anyway,i recommend you call a competent engineer.but just to point you in right derction we add problems with aps (air pressure switch)you can check this by pressing+/i which give you d code press + untill you get to d24.press i then run a tap.you should then see 1.which say aps is ok it will be pcb..if you see 0 with tap still runnig aps maybe faulty.fan needs to be runnig.this is all in the manual tho....please do not carry out work yourself

ex vaillant engineer

Sponsored Links
think you will find the vuw242 doesn't have a 4 button display so you are doing nothing but confuse the OP. Thankfully the solenoid the OP replaced isn't strictly speaking a gas carrying part. Given the explanation of the fault its impossible to have any idea what the problem might be from what has been said.

Hi,we are having problems with our Vaillant VUW242E boiler,when opening the taps and/or putting central heating on the water is cold.Noticed that when i turn the power off and on at the front the boiler the Flame indicator light comes on and flickers before slower going off,also the Ignition indicator light stays off when tring to get hot water and when trying to get hot water the Flame indicator light is ON,just replaced the Main Gas Solenoid(17 0365) thinking it was this but boiler refuses to ignite.Any suggestions please?
Thx.
Mick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back