Norton Internet Security Bargain?

finally we got what we wanted out of you, you're hard work buddy, but with enough prodding you give a useful and well thought through response on which a decent opinion can be made. Kudos:cool:

Sponsored Links
finally we got what we wanted out of you, you're hard work buddy, but with enough prodding you give a useful and well thought through response on which a decent opinion can be made. Kudos:cool:

I thought JohnD wanted evidence, not my own hard-earned knowledge and opinions.

Frankly the entire contents of my last post have nothing to do with this thread or my original comments.

unbiased evidence on this subject is a bugger to find because it all ends up like this thread, its personal experience that counts.

unbiased evidence on this subject is a b*****r to find because it all ends up like this thread, its personal experience that counts.

There are plenty of decent tests of AV programs around if you actually care enough to look (.. and can actually understand what they're doing, which rules out most users). As for the Norton thing, well, security companies try hard to suppress evidence of the corruption of their industry.

Sponsored Links
I think the Norton Internet Security Suite is good, Been using it since the release of the 2009 version. No problems at all with it slowing down the computer and from what I've read in AV testing sites, reasonable detection and false positive figures (although fortunes vary over a period of time). Having said that, no AV program is going to stop everything. So NIS isn't the primary layer of security. That job falls to Sandboxie.

when i started using computers i used norton and was allways getting problems for the last 10 years i have been using free stuff like zone alarm and AVG and had very few problems

Personally I agree about Norton being a major resource hog. I would say AVG Free if all you do is surf the internet and are gifted with a bit of common sence. Personally I use ESET NOD32 and I have no issues what so ever and it does a decent job. I do a lot of downloading and it does the job nicely.

For my firewall I use Vista Firewall Control (Free) and its a cracking piece of kit

Sponsored Links
Back