Norway says no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The UK would have come across as a sensible group of adults rather than a bunch of arguing kids.

A good start would have been if the Quitters could agree between themselves what they want. They didn't do it three years ago, and they still haven't done it now.

Have you seen a proposal and plan from Buffoon and Rice-Pudd? No you haven't. They haven't got one. Nor has Pob Gove nor Jerry the Hunt.

Plan.jpg

Sponsored Links
David Cameron should have had a plan for in and out before calling the referendum.

Buffon, Gove, Fox, Mogg are a disgrace.

David Cameron should have had a plan for in and out before calling the referendum.

It clearly takes more than three years to decide what you want to do (since the Leavers still haven't managed it yet). After that's done, and it has been agreed by the UK Parliament (some might say, also the citizens) you can think of a plan on how to achieve it. After that point you're ready to start negotiations.

When should Theresa have sent the A50 letter?

Would the Quitters have moaned about waiting years?

(yes they would)

I don’t think so. Good things come to those who wait.

I know what I would want but apparently that’s not possible.

Access to the single market in exchange for the free movement of people.

No membership fee but happy to chip in for any joint ventures.

Or just for you:

You own a golf course ;). Your members can play at the neighbouring golf course for free, their can play at yours for free.

If their course needed work that would benefit your members you would chip in some €€€, they would chip in a few €€€ if you wanted to improve your course in a way that benefitted their members.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It is a well established human behaviour that for some the importance of being right, is often seen above the importance of being successful.

For what its worth, I think A50 was triggered too early. On the subject of Norway, I don't think they have any veto on the UK having a "Norway like" agreement, which is really the only thing that has ever been on the table. I will confess that I haven't checked the IPO register to confirm this.

How’s about this:

{Picture of Union Jack}
UK model

Contribute to EU projects that benefit the UK

Still have access to Single Market

Still have free movement of people, goods, services..

No say in EU Laws

No membership fee

yes, if the UK had defined that as its desired outcome, it could have tried that in negotiations. It didn't. And it's not offered by the EU.

However Theresa has been consistently against free movement, even though her refusal means we can't be members of the single market.

I've heard that's because she believes that dislike of foreigners was a key factor in the Quitter vote. But it might be because she's anti-foreigner herself.

She may well be, does she know she has powers to control the free movement?

The Remain campaign could have turned a few million Quitters by explaining that.

Its option 3, and they don't really have powers, since a person asked to leave can hop on the first boat back.

and get no benefits, no legal employment, can't get a legal tenancy.

And since the UK has the right to control entry, they can be stopped at the border.

She may well be, does she know she has powers to control the free movement?

The Remain campaign could have turned a few million Quitters by explaining that.

Disappointingly, you can't stop people spreading false political propaganda.
Repeated incessantly, it does have an effect.

Surprising?

MailRefugees.jpg

Nor can you compel them to pay attention to opposing views.

NHS3.jpg

EU still arguing after 40odd years, so 2 years of brexit is nothing.

Surprising?
Yes it is surprising, that you are so desperate, you have to post a newspaper article that is from 1938

Why not look to the current period, there are plenty of newspaper articles that discuss how Jewish MPs feel alienated by the Labour party. I wonder if it has something to do with Corbyn being buddies with Hamas and his inability to see they are terrorists.

Oh thats right it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back