Norway says no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to be careful with illustrations, they can be made up.

and get no benefits, no legal employment, can't get a legal tenancy.

And since the UK has the right to control entry, they can be stopped at the border.

I've previously posted the legislation on this and you are way off.

Sponsored Links
If you really don't believe in the EU, there is always option 5. Cancel A50, Say you'll be very tightly aligned with the EU, veto absolutely everything, then you have the best chance of the remaining 27 states having to negotiate against 1, or asking them asking you to leave, but that would be more on your terms, perhaps you can tell I have been divorced. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Its a good plan - to be fair plenty thought it was going to implode during all the bail outs.

I think we needed more game play strategists on this rather than dull politicans

Huh, no you'd remain very tightly in the EU and destroy it from within. Game strategy.

Prisoners Dilemma it is.

How could we forget, you post it as many times as your "red bus" & "Baldrick had a plan" images, getting tedious.

I have consistently said WTO, getting tired of having to repeat myself. Get a hobby, or a life.

WTO lol. That's madness but hey ho if that's what you want. If WTO was such a panacea why do countries sign FTA and why was there so much talk of trade deals?

We seem to be going round and round in circles - you want what's not best for the UK economy.

No sane government is going to commit economic suicide on your behalf.

Those who want WTO have shorted UK assets and positioned themselves to hoover up assets on the cheap with the disaster capitalism. Or they are like IhavenoJob who really are so full of hate and anger they think this will reset the UK economy (it's not a boiler) - what they will find is that it will be the destruction of so much value in the UK that it will take decades to recover ergo REES MOGG we shall see benefits which may take upto 50 years.

Who voted to be poorer?

On the subject of Norway, I don't think they have any veto on the UK having a "Norway like" agreement, which is really the only thing that has ever been on the table. I will confess that I haven't checked the IPO register to confirm this.
Allow me to clarify that for you.

Whilst Norway (and other non-eu countries) have the right to do their own deals with the UK, being in the EEA comes with strings attached as to what they can offer.

My partner's country is also in the EEA, and not only did they have a 'Brexit department'* set up within 6 months of the vote, there is now a document sitting there wanting to give their citizens and our citizens reciprocal rights EXACTLY the same as exist right now - not the second class arrangements currently on the table with the EU.
(I know this because a very good friend works in their government and has seen it!)

But the problem is in order for it to be put into force after any other deal is done, the EEA/EU agreement has one issue that can't be overriden - freedom of movement!

And apparently that is what quitters hate the most about our current arrangements, so it will probably be filed away whilst a different trade deal is negotiated.
Money before people as usual!

*Interestingly I have also sampled their test three area passport control process, being trialled should a no-deal occur.
EU/EEA members
Non EU/EEA
Outcasts (UK Citizens)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back