Noseall, Woody...........Anyone

Sponsored Links
Wow your good m8, ever thought of being a medium ??? (youve got to be better than Derek Achora)

But yes,

Home building site,
Piddling puddle which does seem to be getting bigger,
water appears to be clear though.

Is it just coming up through the soil ???

Probably seeping in from the sides of the trench, (unless your M8s are having a laugh when you're asleep.)

Cheers for that chessspy,

Was absolutley bamboozeled as to were the water had come from, started thinking i was going to have major probs, planning to start pouring concrete in next weekend, do i just have to dig down a bit more to get rid of the soft soil ???

Sponsored Links
Unless it's inches deep, I don't think it really matters.
I can't remembermany totally dry footings, either before or after putting the concrete in.
Hmmm thats probably why I've got trench foot... not all the years I spent in Ypres in 1915.

Well thats great news :D , i have the BCO coming tomorrow so hopefully everything will be fine and the concrete can go ahead as planed next weekend.

Found out what it is guys, for your future reference its called a water table, apparantly different areas have different water tables, this identifies how far you can dig down prior to water penetrating the hole.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back