Not allowed gas meter under a sink!

Sponsored Links
What about waste disposal things :rolleyes:

As explain to me by my electrician.

Under a kitchen sink or bath is in zone 0. Zone 0 is Where electric outlets are only permited if they are only accessible via the use of a tool!

Luke a bath panal screwed in but you can really screw the sink unit shut can you!

He has shown me these zones in the regulations!

As for a waste disposal unit, the fused spur is normally fit in the next available unit and the waste disposal itself is ok to be in the sink unit as it is a seal unit!

Although all of these is only what I am told! But as long as I get my certificate I'm confident the job is correct!

There are NO zones for a kitchen sink!
Under the sink has always been a banned location for gas meters, even though it is widely ignored.

Sponsored Links
Rule is NEW installation cannot go under the sink or if service leaks they have to put meter elsewhere even if they can be inserted .
If doing a meter exchange it can still stay there as its existing.
REG has been in for a number of years , but still a lot of meters fitted under sinks from years and years ago as services get renewed they will be moved.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back