Not another shower question lol

you made an error whilst trying to point out a none existent error to someone else.. so stop whining about it when we take the mickey, you do it often enough to others..

Sponsored Links
you made an error whilst trying to point out a none existent error to someone else.
The error was very much existent - the shower is rated at 240V, not 230V, and the CPD should be 40A, not 60A.

stop whining about it when we take the mickey
I apologised. If you can't tell the difference between that and whining, then I suggest you just my posts.

you do it often enough to others.
Are you whining?

I wasn't refering to the 60A, that was a true error..
you pointing out that he should use 240V when in fact you have no proof that the showers power is rated at 240V was not..
with no information at the time of the make and model of the shower, and the fact that CENELEC decided that we all use 230V across europe, and consequently told us that's wat we must do our calcs on, then without proof to the contrary, we must base out calcs on 230 not 240..
if the OP had said it was quoted as 8.5KW @ 240V then we could use that..
most of us know that they quote what sounds best so most of the time the 8.5KW will be at 240V... but on the off chance that he's got some weird shower made in russia to the CELELEC spec and the power rating is at 230V then we use that..

Sponsored Links
you pointing out that he should use 240V when in fact you have no proof that the showers power is rated at 240V was not.
Show me one single electric shower unit that's rated as 8.5kW at 230V.

we must base out calcs on 230 not 240.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

if the OP had said it was quoted as 8.5KW @ 240V then we could use that.

most of the time the 8.5KW will be at 240V... but on the off chance that he's got some weird shower made in russia to the CELELEC spec and the power rating is at 230V then we use that..
I thought CELELEC was what women have on their thighs?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back