Shower Dilemma

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advice required if at all possible..

background.. currently refurbishing my bathroom and about to replace my old shower (Electric shower 8.5kw gainsborough about 10yrs old) supplied by a 6mm cable 10/11metre run from consumer unit (40amp RCD) to pull switch. 2metres of cable from switch to shower..

Im considering changing to 9.5kw shower ... but having read other information it looks like i will have to replace the cable with 10mm and it looks like this will be hard work as it runs through the cavity wall to the loft..

Therefore...

1) Would I notice a substantial difference (with regard to flow and temperature)in a slighty higher kilowatt unit and is it worth the hassle and expense of getting the cable replaced..

2) Would it be more prudent to do a straight swop for a similiar unit in the hope that technology has moved on and the output of a new shower unit would be better than my old one.

3) How much does it cost to replace a cable ( roughly)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back