Not sure what tool is required...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm in the middle of re-wring our upstairs sockets and have come to the last room which has already been decorated. There are 3 sockets in here and I don't want to pull the skirting board off and hack away at the wall to get 2 new wires to each socket.

Unfortunately the old single wire isn't in any conduit and has been plastered straight over so simply pulling the old out and putting a new one up is out of the question. The metal back boxing on the wall for each socket goes in relatively deep and so I can't simply get a drill in to attempt to drill a hole vertically due to the angle that would be involved. I thought I just needed to get a drill piece that attaches to my current drill and drill at a 90 degree angle. I saw this on Screwfix but I think the chuck is too big to get into the socket and drill downwards. Therefore I'm a bit stuck. Are there any other tools anyone can think of to do this without causing me to rip the skirting boards off?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Sponsored Links
Why do you want to avoid pulling off the skirting board?

You know it has to be done, so just do it. :D

heeellooo twocom:D:D:D:D

a slight flaw in your plan ;)

you may just get that chuck in at 90% the problem comes when you add a foot or so off drill bit :LOL:

make shure any paper is thoroughly disconnected from the skirting before trying to remove

and use a wall chaser /hammer and bolster or angle grinder

Sponsored Links
Armeg do a chaser to go down behind skirtings:

G310B4_xl.jpg

Needs an SDS drill with rotation stop/hammer only action and I have one in my tool kit so I know that they work most of the time...... Local hire shops, power tool places, etc should do them, if not then try APTC

Scrit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back