Not sure where to put this!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had kitchne redone, finishing off now. See my posts in "your projects".

In this photo, the units used to go right up to the door recess, and the end of the units was melamine laminated, which went up to the door frame, hiding this mess.

The inner skin of bricks has been cut too short (though this opening is original!)

How would you suggest I fix this? Someone has obviously had a go with expanding foam etc, but now its exposed it need finishing properly. I was going to carry the tiles on down the wall here to cover it all up (whatever I do) but not sure how to start.

I cant carry the tiles on round the corner anyway, because they would foul the door operation, so they have to stop on the corner.

By the way, the damp has been dealt with and is no longer an issue.

How to tackle this?!?!

My thoughts were to stick a piece of 18mm chipboard in the gap and fix it with a couple of screws into the brick, and on the surface (about 7-8mm shy of the wall above the worktop), stick and screw some hardboard to the surface. But it'll still look gash on the edge. Or I could get the plasterer in (but he'll just fill it with plaster etc).

Any ideas welcome.

Sponsored Links
hack it out, plaster it up, tile to the edge. you could use some upvc window trim on the reveal if you want.

Sponsored Links
Foam filler , cut back and plaster to a depth of about 30mm and tile down to floor, tile bead at edge by door.Would be better to have sorted before kitchen install.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back