Notable Obituaries.

Sponsored Links
Didn’t this sign used to be on the opening credits of MOTD?

46189FB4-FAF8-4FC0-85E9-6827A3A1AA40.jpeg

RIP Lynn. One hell of a feisty character who done so much to raise awareness about bowel cancer and it's symptoms.
She turned down an OBE, or something, because she said the outdated system needs dragging into the 20th century.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Wow, if any were to go , I'd have put my money on Jet Black, as he's been in poor health for a few years.RIP .
Yes, and Jet is older, ten years give or take? Just so sad to be in hospital with one thing and get the virus there. He may had been ok :(

Still, what a life. Bet he's had some experiences in that time :)

Went to see the Stranglers in Fowey not that many years ago, despite Hugh Cornwell not being the singer, they were superb, brilliant live band. They were playing the 'Daphne Du Maurier festival' which tends to be a bit eclectic at the best of times, a week long festival hosting Newsreaders giving talks on something or other, poets, Macramé experts, potters, authors, minor celebrities giving talks on something or other, and the highlight of the week is usually a folk singer or a tea room orchestra, sometimes both. Not my cup of tea quite frankly.
Anyway, one year, someone gave me the nod that The stranglers were playing, tickets £10 (WTF), so we got tickets.
Before the concert the missus spotted the journo from the local paper so she went and had a chat with him, apparently he'd interviewed and photographed them earlier in the day down at the Town Quay, afterwards he walked back up the hill with them to the hotel (big steep hill) and he casually mentioned that he thought two of them were going to die before they reached the hotel.
jean Jacques Burnel was still fit, quite a few kung fu moves on stage. But old as they were, still a great band.

Last edited:
I’ve only ever been to three concerts in my life. Simply Red in Bath recreation ground for my wife’s birthday treat, Take That on New Year’s Eve at the O2 for my wife’s Christmas treat and Rod Stewart last December my Christmas treat to myself at the O2. Only really enjoyed the Rod Stewart one. All three times I paid for good seats but had people in front of me standing up dancing so I had to stand up too. Bah humbug!

Only been yo a handful myself.... Madness Hyde Park.
Blow monkeys and Ruby Turner Harlow town park

Boney M wembly arena.

Inxs Coogee Bay Hotel

Sponsored Links
Back