Notable Obituaries.

Sponsored Links
Joni Mitchell Sydney Opera House 1983 ish, third row seats, preceded by a quick happy hour at Island Trader at Circular Quay

Only been yo a handful myself.... Madness Hyde Park.

Saw Madness on The Downs in Bristol last summer. Friend got some compo tickets, so I tagged along. Always liked them when in teens, but not enough to buy their records. Having said that, it was a fantastic summer evening, very relaxed with a wide age range in the audience. Really great evening, standing on the grass listening to them as the sun went down. Great music for that sort of venue.

RIP to Dave Greenfield. Stranglers one of my favourites, and once again they were big in my youth. Saw them some years ago at Colston Hall in Bristol.

Went to see the Stranglers in Fowey not that many years ago, despite Hugh Cornwell not being the singer, they were superb, brilliant live band.
Sounds good! And yes, I saw them too without Cornwell in a small pub venue down in Sussex. Paul something or another had recently taken over as the singer but they still sounded excellent imo. I wish I had seen the original line-up though.

I’ve only ever been to three concerts in my life.
I can't remember how many concerts I've been to - I used to go 2-3 times a month in my youth. There was always something worth seeing in Sussex or London, sometimes further afield as well of course the festivals. I've not been a few years now, the last was Numan in London where he played his old stuff, one album a night. I only went to one of them but the other half went to all of them, night after night :)

I wish I'd kept the ticket stubs, I only kept a few but would've been nice to look back.

Sponsored Links
Saw The Stranglers at Wembley 79 supporting The Who TBH the sound was bit off, and then at local nightclub on a low key tour

Saw Madness on The Downs in Bristol last summer. Friend got some compo tickets, so I tagged along. Always liked them when in teens, but not enough to buy their records. Having said that, it was a fantastic summer evening, very relaxed with a wide age range in the audience. Really great evening, standing on the grass listening to them as the sun went down. Great music for that sort of venue.

RIP to Dave Greenfield. Stranglers one of my favourites, and once again they were big in my youth. Saw them some years ago at Colston Hall in Bristol.

I was never a big fan. I just tagged along too.

I can vaguely remember my wife saying "where’s his other dog" when Monty was on the telly last week.

Sponsored Links
Back