Notable Obituaries.

Englebert Humperdink is one of Dork's most favourite people in the whole wide world. He has been taking the pi$$ out of all of us for almost all of his life so far.

Many a night has the 'Rogues, Vagabonds & Ne'er Do Well'rs MCC spent at the 'Ranch' in deepest darkest Leicestershire.

Did any of you know that he just an ordinary guy, earning a living 'doing what he does', & enjoying the fruits of his labour?

I would love to have been at the planning meeting when they were deciding what name he should go under.
Must have been extra strong mushrooms on the lunch plate. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Carl Palmer - still touring.

ex - Atomic Roster, Emmerson, Lake & Palmer,
Current - Asia, ELP Legacy
In todays local rag an article about a book shop owner retiring, accompanied by a pic of the man himself
1674925321626.png

Englebert Humperdink is one of Dork's most favourite people in the whole wide world. He has been taking the pi$$ out of all of us for almost all of his life so far.

Many a night has the 'Rogues, Vagabonds & Ne'er Do Well'rs MCC spent at the 'Ranch' in deepest darkest Leicestershire.

Did any of you know that he just an ordinary guy, earning a living 'doing what he does', & enjoying the fruits of his labour?
He's a member of Great Glen Golf Club. He has a big house near there (south of Leicester along the A6. Follow the signs for Market Harborough and it takes you past there).

Sponsored Links

Strange that you refer to someone you allude to know well by his stage name and not his real one.

Strange that you refer to someone you allude to know well by his stage name and not his real one.
We had a ride out to Holmfirth from my place, the town where Last of the Summer Wine was filmed, & quite a few "famous" people were out on that ride. "Famous" people love motorcycles, it is not only a recreation of choice for many of 'em, but it can also be a way to mingle with the mortals & live as normal a life as you can. We had the obligatory cup of tea in Sid's cafe' & the older lady who served him recognised him as she was a BIG fan & had all of his records. God bless him, he wasn't the most recognisable face on that ride, but he stood at the counter & chatted with her for all of the time we were in there.

We once stood listening to a busker on Matlock Bath promenade, this kid is about 14yrs old playing lectrik geetar & he's got the riff to this classic rock song nailed, there is no way on this earth that the creator of that riff is going to lift his lid & steal the moment from him.

Incidentally, I know you only as "Mottie", even if we became close you would still be "Mottie".

A very, VERY famous actor type bloke is a near neighbour & good friend of mine, he is mostly known for a very bad character he once played who murdered a very good character. He will recite to you the story of when he went to the supermarket & a lady attacked him for being a nasty man.

Just recently, a very attractive & healthy young lady visited my hostelry of choice & just happened to mention to me "Foo Kinnell, you used to be ....."

Could you ever appreciate just how much of a kick in the guts "you used to be" is?

I would love to have been at the planning meeting when they were deciding what name he should go under.
Must have been extra strong mushrooms on the lunch plate. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
It was the same time as they were thinking of a new name for Tom Jones .( after a character in a book )

Lisa Loring, the actor who played Wednesday Addams in the first screen adaptation of The Addams Family, has died at the age of 64 from a stroke.

@theGrauniad

Loring played Wednesday Addams from 1964 to 1966 in the first adaptation of Charles Addams’ New Yorker cartoons, taking on the role when she was just five years old.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Lisa Loring, the actor who played Wednesday Addams in the first screen adaptation of The Addams Family, has died at the age of 64 from a stroke.

@theGrauniad

Loring played Wednesday Addams from 1964 to 1966 in the first adaptation of Charles Addams’ New Yorker cartoons, taking on the role when she was just five years old.
I saw a video on youtube about her only last week, packed a lot into her life.

Sponsored Links
Back