Nothing from my boiler...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved house and have tried to work out the heating system. It is an oil fired Trianco Redfyre TRO 20/25 boiler (rather old by the looks of it) but it does not do anything when I switch it on! I have changed the fuse and pressed anything that I can see to no avail.

Help!!!!!!!! Where do I start???

Sponsored Links
Do have any oil in the tank???

Does the boiler make any noise?

Is there any evidence of electricity at the boiler? Lights etc.?

Set timeclock?

Tony

Hi Tony,

We have very little oil but there is no power at all. The lights are dead on the front and there is no noise whatsoever. The time clock appears fine.

Karen

Check the fuse in the main heating fused outlet. I think oil should be 5 amp, but not sure as I'm not an oil installer.

If you have a modern timer/programmer it could keep the display working by the battey back up.

Sponsored Links
Overheat stat if the clock is working. Remote the cap and reset.

This could be off-topic, but....

Assuming this is a house you have bought, contact the previous owners through your solictor if need be.

The heating system should be working unless expressly stated in the legal paperwork of the sale.

Any problems will be their responsibility to fix.

Thats the legal situation.

However getting you own solicitor to even write just one letter will be more than the attendance by a boiler engineer.

I do these new purchasor repairs all the time. Even a solicitor customer agreed there was no point in involving a solicitor unless the costs would be over £500.

None of our repairs are much over £200!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back