Notification again - more on CU replacement & 'new circu

It is either a new circuit or not, and what's supplied by it cannot possibly be of any relevance. ... Cable from a JB - not a new circuit
I don't think that's always going to work without some further detail or qualifications. You say that 'what it's supplied by' is irrelevant, but I'm inclined to think that it's very relevent, since your 'cable from a JB' criterion seems only to really work if that JB is fed from a 'final circuit'. If you will accept that a Henley block is merely a type of JB, I don't think that anyone in their right mind would doubt that new wiring from a Henley at the origin of the installation constituted a 'new circuit', would they?
Cable from an MCB already supplying a circuit - not a new circuit
This is the interesting one in terms of how this discussion started. You say 'not a new circuit'. Presumably you would still say the same if, for whatever reason, I interposed an FCU in that circuit? But are you saying that if, instead of an FCU, I interposed an MCB (say a 6A or 10A one, in its own enclosure), then it would suddenly become 'a new circuit'? If so, why - is there that much difference between a BS1362 fuse and an MCB of similar In?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back