Notifiction of area violation ?

Do you have a dvr ? Yes/ no if so there is a alarm list on most dvrs so you connect the pir trigger to the the dvr and you look at the alarm list . Not rocket science ? Some dvrs have the ability to email events . I had a job where the security guards had to fob a reader fetching up an alarm on the dvr, the customer just looked at the events list to check that they had been ceiling the site.

Thanks. Yes and the following is what I see on the back of it.

6 K/B Connect to keyboard
7 ALARM OUT Relay output. Connect to external alarm
8 + 5V and GND +5 V and Ground
9 ALARM IN Connect to external alarm sensor 1-8

I should just explain that the DVR and monitor are in an under stairs cupboard where it is pretty cramped, so the idea of sitting there going through a log after every time I pop out or first thing in the morning is less than appealing<G> BTW the DVR is firmly secured to the wall and cannot easily be seen or removed!

Cheers

Richard

Sponsored Links
Have you got an internet connection? I have an IP camera with PIR detection - when it senses movement it emails me a picture.

Have you got an internet connection? I have an IP camera with PIR detection - when it senses movement it emails me a picture.

Er. yes<G> however where I'm based we cannot get a mobile signal. It's these Welsh hills you know.

Cheers

Richard

Sponsored Links
It really depends on how 'sensitive' the trigger operation from the DVR is and whats in the field of view.

Ive got garden bushes in my picture and when I look at the log on the CCTV, there're so many entries, I wouldn't know where to begin.

Then maybe the op's image doesn't have moving foliage, cats, pigeons etc.

I should just explain that the DVR and monitor are in an under stairs cupboard where it is pretty cramped,

Then extend the monitor and keyboard to a more comfortable location :)

That's what keyboards are for.

Thanks but I want it there for security reasons and having it out of the way. I'm only planning on having to look at video footage in the event of either the main alarm going off (only happened once in the last year) or the sensitive area being violated which is the subject of this thread.

Cheers

Richard

Then maybe the op's image doesn't have moving foliage, cats, pigeons etc.

Thanks. BTW what does OP stand for please? There is no foliage in view so I'm not expecting any false activations. This particular system has been in place for a few days and I'm not aware of any false activations so far.

Cheers

Richard

[/quote]
Then connect the Alarm Out contacts to a latching relay which sets, and lights a lamp, until you press the reset button.
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/relays/general-purpose-relays/latching-relays/[/quote]

Thanks for that useful suggestion which has got me thinking!

Perhaps the most straight forward way for me to get the information needed is to simply wire the mains PIR to a mains latching relay with a warning light and a mains powered clock which will stop at the time an event happened. OK I'm stuffed if there is more than one event but this is unlikely.

The office is directly behind the outside wall to which the PIR etc is fixed so an easy install. Also the light and clock will be seen as soon as I get into work. Now to find a small mains wall clock!

Cheers

Richard

But if you're confident about (virtually) no false alarms, the clock idea is superfluous. You've got the CCTV menu anyway.

All you need is the light. The clock would stop in the event of a false alarm anyway.

Just gives you something else to adjust when the hour goes on & off. :D

But if you're confident about (virtually) no false alarms, the clock idea is superfluous. You've got the CCTV menu anyway.

All you need is the light. The clock would stop in the event of a false alarm anyway.

Just gives you something else to adjust when the hour goes on & off. :D

Thanks, yes but I want to keep this as simple as possible.

I get into the office... if the light is on the clock will have stopped at the time of the incident. I can then go straight to the DVR under the stairs downstairs and pick the time the clock stopped at and bingo. I really do not want to have to do any more than that if possible.

Cheers

Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back