Novice needing help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, need some hints tips etc.....

got a small back garden that has some normal square slabs and some crazy paving.

Im looking to get rid of slabs etc and make it look better. Unsure of what i want but need to get a shed up and have a small space for a BBQ (small section of decking ??).

Anyont any ideas of a cheapish way to get rid of the slabs and have something new put down ??

all ideas welcome.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It's more a question of cost vs hassle.

The cheapest way is obviously to remove them yourself and take them to the public dump in car loads, next cheapest remove them yourself but hire a skip, or most expensive get someone to do it for you?

Keep some of the slabs for a shed base.

I personally try and steer people away from decking as it looks crap so quickly and is totally unusable if its damp. I also think fashion-wise its firmly on its way out apart from steeply sloping sites where it will always be useful.

least expensive-

Membrane and gravel
Basic 2x2 concrete flags
concrete pressed flags
Block paving
wet-cast concrete flags
natural stone

Most expensive

Block paving is probably easiest to diy and get a good result and whilst fractionally dearer it looks a lot better than flags in my opinion, but needs a little more maintenence.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back