Now - just WHAT IS that stuff called - is it any good ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just taken off some wallpaper together with the thin polystyrene layer - you know the stuff I mean, its in a roll and you put it on the walls before you paper - supposed to have insulation qualities and it forms a smooth service, anyway - it's all come off and I am left with a very badly pitted wall surface. I want to emulsion over this as a final finish, I have done this but the pitted rough surface is showing through. A while ago on the tele I saw an ad for a new type of paint that suppose to cover everything, even cracked, or badly prepared surfaces which when dry gives a super flat finish. Question: does anyone know what its called and is it any good ??

I have read through some posts on the forum and seems like lining paper (thick) could be an answer, although doesn't that peal off at the edges eventually. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
well John - thats a very comprehensive reply !! :eek: - if I could get the stuff off I would but it wont budge - i'm reluctant to use lining paper, cos thats just in effect what I had up before eg, wallpaper painted over with magnolia emulsion.

I dunno what you're talking about but you can get things like Pollyfilla Easyskim. Although if you have no experience of using a plastering trowel then beware, it's harder than it looks to get right. It's also pretty expensive.

When you say it won't budge, you are talking about the remains of the polystyrene and adhesive aren't you? Have you tried a heavy-duty scraper?

Sponsored Links
Paint it brown and open a bistro?

No, seriously, it sounds as if lining paper is your only option - possibly two layers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back