Now this is a first.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
...called out to a baxi duotec this monday. Customer reported a water leak over the weekend. Got there, checked the obvious, no leaks, boiler still pressurised.....opened up the boiler, fan full of water, gas valve full of water, not a drop inside the tray.......hmmm.

Checked the condensate run, not blocked but it ran into a square rainwater pipe........Asked a question about the heavey rain over the weekend......' Oh yes, water was pouring off the roof, drain pipe couldn't take it all.......'........customer couldn't belive we didn't fit none return valves on the condensate pipe.......doh. £300 quid repair.....

Sponsored Links
I have seen this before, installer connected into down pipe which went to a soak away! it was kinda funny when i went to fire it up as am not used to hearing a gurgling sound from a boiler!

I have seen this before, installer connected into down pipe which went to a soak away! it was kinda funny when i went to fire it up as am not used to hearing a gurgling sound from a boiler!
Not done any frozen condensate pipes when it was minus 10? :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
I was called to a Grant Vortex Oil fired a few months ago, water had backed up from a downpipe, filled the combustion chamber and flue way, the water was coming out of the flue terminal!!, One new Riello RDB later and a £500 Bill, client changed condensate to a limestone soakaway, neadless to say no sign of the original installer :eek:

Thats why you should fit a tee piece in the condensate so if down pipe fills it has somewhere to go other than filling boiler up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back