Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
hi in May we had a leak from the water meter Yorkshire water came and fixed it. It’s recently started again (they say condensation) we went on holiday Monday I turned the water off and put a pot underneath. We got home yesterday and the pot was full and overflown.
Yorkshire water have been out this morning and ripped out the pipes and added new ones away from the hot water and gas pipes (it was touching the hot pipe) and placed the water meter higher so it’s a little more accessible.

He’s gone and it’s now dripping more than before. Surely this can’t be condensation if so why loads now and none before? Iv fashioned another drip tray to catch it. Is this to be my life now? Constantly on my knees next to the toilet catching drips to protect my new flooring that I had to get replaced from the water damaged floor from the leak in May? I will add video / photos thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Firstly, keep photo evidence and a diary of what was done when, and what was said. Useful if the matter does need to be taken further in future, especially if you incur losses due to water damage. Backing up Phone calls with emails is also handy as gives written evidence of who said what.

That looks to me like it is leaking, whereabouts is it located in the property?

If it was condensation, you would have condensation on the pipework and other fittings too, so they're talking rubbish. Just tell them that.

Ask them to come out again as the original problem hasn't been sorted and any cost of damage caused by the substandard work, until they visit and fix the issue, will be sent to them. If they are dragging their heels or fobbing you off then ask the CSR for the route to make an executive complaint, it may get things moving quicker for you.

Sponsored Links
Thankyou that’s what I thought if it was condensation it would be all over the pipe and the rest of the bathroom the toilet tank it right next to this and is freezing and dry at all times other than when we shower and it clears straight away.

I’m going to call them again today. Thankyou for your reply’s

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back