Is my hot water meter leaking?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what to do with my hot water meter?

We've had the heating on recently with the cold weather and a cardboard box directly underneath the hot water meter is damp. As you can see from the photo attached, the unit has quite a lot of condensation built up (its been like this for sometime with no noticeable problems). Today there was a bead of water hanging from underneath the gold bezel. Could it be a slow drip leak or just condensation? Should these units even have a condensation problem? I've attached an old cloth to the pipework underneath to see if this catches any water in the mean time.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

IMG_1527.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
No experience with Hot water Meters, but if it is hot, there won't be condensation. A COLD water meter may present the problem

If this is on a district heating scheme, then I would get your supplier to check it out. This looks like more than condensation.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back