Now, what is that clever tool called?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am a ceramic tiler by trade and i have seen a tool in action and i want one but dont know what its called! Laminate and solid wood floor fitters use them and it takes off the bottom of architraves to a chosen depth so the wood slides under, sort of like an angle grinder on its side but the blade comes flying out, sort of. If you use this tool you will know what im talking about. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
the tool that you are on about is a jamb saw roberts make the one that you are describing they are brilliant I have one the blades are ok till you hit a nail so if you are going to buy one get a couple of spare blades as well.

Thanks so much. Im right on the case, they look very useful. No more nibbling porcelain round architraves! Tiling heaven.

fein.

10002119.jpeg

Sponsored Links
I agree with Noseall. Buy a Roberts Jamb saw and it will cut Jambs but buy a Fein Multimaster and the world is your oyster (well not quite) but close.

never seen one, have heard of such a tool.

Question.

the blade does it spin round or just go back and forth?

41gnjtLvlFL._AA280_.jpg

I was working at a job last week, and this joiner was watching me work with the cutter and told me how he'd cut out 12 door arches the day before with his handsaw lol, he was in amazement, asked where I'd mine from and went and got one lol best £90 Ive ever spent! :D

Bosch make a tool that is practically the same as the Fein Multimaster but for much less. I think it's on the shelf at B&Q for a bargain price of £79.99, especially as they have 15% off Bosch powertools at the moment.

I have a 110v Fein Multimaster and wouldn't be without it but at twice the price of the Bosch model I know which I would be getting if I need another!

Just bought a roberts jamb saw this week for £80 to skim 20mm off the bottom of my skirting boards which couldn't be removed in order to lay new wooden flooring.. best thing I ever bought

Bosch make a tool that is practically the same as the Fein Multimaster but for much less. I think it's on the shelf at B&Q for a bargain price of £79.99, especially as they have 15% off Bosch powertools at the moment.

Ask them where you get the spare blades from! They dont sell them or any bosch dealer, the bosch sales rep told me that they have know idea when they will sell them! Stupid.

Makro's are doing the bosch saw next week from 30th April, for £49,99 +vat so nearly £59, also I saw the spare blades for sale in B&Q. They call it the "All Rounder". Looking at the brochure it looks a handy bit of kit but it's only got a 180W motor so I suppose you have to treat it gently.

never seen one, have heard of such a tool.

Question.

the blade does it spin round or just go back and forth?
The latter Breezer and at high speed too! We work with it almost daily, comes in handy too when we need sanding the tightest corners of a floor.

(Nails in doorways are a pain though, hit it with the Fein blade and its gone - the blade that is, not the nail!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back