NZ Gun Law

Sponsored Links
Oh it won't do harm but it wont stop mass murder either.

Perhaps we should ban knives, cars and lorries while we're at it

This site is a sobering collation of gun incidents in America.

I realise that gun ownership or gun laws wont stop mass murder, but its reasonable to suggest removal of guns would reduce the carnage.

To 90% of the population? No.
No, but certainly enough. There are so so many deaths in the USA by guns that surely that's a hard fact to ignore? Easily obtained and easily misused. Obvs, it changes from state to state, but it really is easy to obtain a gun. Too easy.

Sponsored Links
No, but certainly enough. There are so so many deaths in the USA by guns that surely that's a hard fact to ignore? Easily obtained and easily misused. Obvs, it changes from state to state, but it really is easy to obtain a gun. Too easy.

In 2016 the USA placed 90th by rate of homicide by population at 5.35 per 100k.
For the Same year Mexico placed 20th at 19.26.
El Salvador placed 1st at 82.84.

New Zealand placed 188th at 0.94.

Makes me think it's less to do with gun ownership laws and more to do with the attitudes of criminals.

I say restricting access to guns won't stop mass murder and laws preventing ownership won't stop criminals.
Oh, for a while many folk though you were against banning guns. Ban 'em we all say including sammi. Hooray! No more mass shootings!

You are more likely to die of boredom reading these threads than being shot at by a gun.

I say restricting access to guns won't stop mass murder and laws preventing ownership won't stop criminals.

I see sammi is still being vague and refusing to admit the huge disparity in mass shootings in US and UK.

He's now altered his argument so that if mass shootings were 99% less he will still say he's right.

Silly sammy.

remember he originally said
As anyone would thinking that laws on paper would stop someone intent on breaking them

That was before he tried pretending it was just about New Zealand

Oh, for a while many folk though you were against banning guns. Ban 'em we all say including sammi. Hooray! No more mass shootings!

The UK has a good model. Banning guns? I don't agree with. Unrestricted access I don't agree with.

Suggesting a complete ban will stop episodes such as that what happened in NZ? Wrong.

Are those figures gun related murders Sammy? Just says rate of homicide.

Many mass shootings in the USA seem to be kids. Dropout kids who grabbed dad's gun. Don't you think those would stop if guns were not available? Guns do, without doubt, make killing 'easier'.
Suggesting a complete ban will stop episodes such as that what happened in NZ? Wrong.
Maybe not stop them all happening, but certainly stop it being so easy. The guy had some arsenal collected...

Sponsored Links
Back