NZ Gun Law

Sponsored Links
I say restricting access to guns won't stop mass murder and laws preventing ownership won't stop criminals.

And I say that having laws and police won't stop all crime.

Do you therefore claim we should have none?

Are those figures gun related murders Sammy? Just says rate of homicide.

It shouldn't matter if they are or aren't. My point is banning guns won't stop mass murder.

Even by the rate of homicide using guns however, the USA doesn't come out on top. It's El Salvador.

Sponsored Links
It shouldn't matter if they are or aren't. My point is banning guns won't stop mass murder.

Even by the rate of homicide using guns however, the USA doesn't come out on top. It's El Salvador.
But it does matter - as I've said, guns make it easy. If that opportunity is taken away, no, of course it won't stop all murders, but it most deffo stop a lot.

So is the USA second?

But not mass murder as I've repeatedly said.
So what?

What is your problem with banning guns and preventing mass shootings that are all too common, for example, in the USA? Is saving lives from terrorist mass shootings not high on your list?

It's not just the murders though is it? It's the fear. American's have had to change the way they live their daily lives, such as armed guards at schools. I mean, come on, is that really the way we want ourselves to live? To drop your kid off wondering if they'll get killed in the very place they've traditionally been safe?
I don't think so.

In my country, cars are required by law to have brakes that work.

Sammy says that doesn't stop all fatal accidents.

he doesn't agree that cars in other countries would have fewer fatal accidents if their cars required to be fitted with brakes.

He refuses to admit the vast difference in road deaths between my country, and a country where cars are not required to be fitted with brakes.

he doesn't agree that cars in other countries would have fewer fatal accidents if their cars required to be fitted with brakes.

He refuses to admit the vast difference in road deaths between my country, and a country where cars are not required to be fitted with brakes.

but to what standard (brakes) that is the question driven a 1958 morris 1000 in traffic on todays roads ? or similar old vehcle

what country does not require a car to be fitted with brakes ?

Nice strawman argument there John. True to form (y)

However what you could also add in is people who are driving at a crowd of people who 100% refuse to use those breaks will 100% be likely to cause injury.

What is your problem with banning guns and preventing mass shootings that are all too common, for example, in the USA? Is saving lives from terrorist mass shootings not high on your list?

Because in real terms the majority of people aren't using them to break the law.

Figures suggest there is almost 1 gun to every one person in the states. (Pew Research Centre)
In real terms this is about 4 in 10 people.
Most people in the US look at Gun owners in an overall positive way.
For a lot people they have a function for a firearm other than just protection. Many use them for huting, sport or part of their job.
The majority of gun owners feel it is important to follow safe practices.
The availability of illegal guns are more likely to be contributing to crime than legally obtained guns are.
In 2016 there were 11,004 murder victims by firearm. (15,070 total).
As a percentage of the population that's 0.00336% killed by firearm.

So for the majority of law abiding gun owners there isn't a need to have them banned.

Sponsored Links
Back