O ring for Heritage tap

ATG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The O ring from the inner part of one of our taps has worn away so when we turn the tap on there is a fast knocking noise in the pipes. I have tried fitting a new O ring but they're either too fat and get cut up on the edge of the mechanism, or too thin and don't do any good. The old one looked like it was slightly flat in section, like a wedding ring (not like a flat washer!). It's under the lower part of the innards, the bit which slides inside the fixed part.

//media.diynot.com/135000_134760_52551_61258369_thumb.jpg

My question is, is it possible to get O rings in this shape? I've bought them from all the usual outlets and they're all perfect doughnuts.

Before you ask, I've also asked Heritage if they sell new innards for taps but our one is discontinued so no luck.....

Thanks in advance.

ATG

Sponsored Links
no it's an o ring exactly like the round ones you are trying you just haven't got the correct size, it has just flattened over time, however i'm not sure that replacing this o ring is going to sort your noise probs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back