Oak Floor - Solid or Engineered plus looking for supplier

pdv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just having a loft conversion done and we want oak flooring putting down. Currently looking for a high grade finish with low knotting in the wood.

Anyone have a view on engineered wood with laminate or solid wood and also any suggestions of a supplier of good quality and fair price. Don't mind finished or not as am happy to do myself. The type of look we want is between what B&Q class as brushed whre you get some grain in a flat plank and the definition of hand scraped offered by a flooring chain on some premium grade russion oak where it is not a pure flat panel.

Hope this makes sense and any reccomendation of good value qulity suppliers welcomed.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I would be spoilt for choice if i had to choose, i have fitted solid oak in a hall, living room looks brill and over time it mellows and is easy to look after, but a good quality laminate is too and upstairs its not going to get a lot of wear as much as downstairs. as for a supplier just search the net :cool:

Sponsored Links
EddieC said:
I would be spoilt for choice if i had to choose,

You are ;). We are ;)

PDV, have a look at my profile to find plenty of choice in Wood-Engineered, hand-scraped, brushed etc.
(We don't do melamine laminate flooring, just real natural wood)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back