Oak flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can someone tell me when i replace some flooring which has lifed if i would need to glue down my flooring in a area approx 1300x 1000 ? What it is i have just bought a house in the downstairs toilet no leaks i have checked it has lifted bubble up for some reason i have lifted some skirting board of and who ever fitted it has not left enough gap for it to move ? would this be the problem ? the floor is on chip board .Any further info would be great
cheers

Flooring is 18mm

Sponsored Links
A leak will blow the oak flooring regardless of any gap, it swells too much, chipboard is a very poor sub floor since it absorbs water like a sponge, if you can replace the sub floor under the area affected.You will need to glue it down again.

A leak will blow the oak flooring regardless of any gap, it swells too much, chipboard is a very poor sub floor since it absorbs water like a sponge, if you can replace the sub floor under the area affected.You will need to glue it down again.

I cannot replace the sub flooring as it runs out of the kitchen into the toilet the whole kitchen is done with the same oak flooring which runs into the downstairs toilet the kitchen is fine only lifted around the front of the toilet and door which is stuck now as it has lifted .

I was going to lift the area that has lifted and put some type of membrane down before i put new down?

Sponsored Links
No point putting a membrane down, further leak will still lift the floor , and membrane will spread the water further than if there was none.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back