oak sloid floor lifting

I'll refrain from mentioning something about the quality of the boards - very many short ones! - and advice you to definitely check if that board near the radiator-pipe still has room to move - it is known to snap the pipe!

dont hold back, think we paid £28 sq mtr from woodfloor warehouse Belfast, yes there still is approx 1 cm gap each side off pipe. Fitter meant to be out at the weekend, he then cancelled and promised Monday night, now hes not answering his phone, so IM THINKING SMALL CLAIMS AGAINT THIS W****R and gettin a different floor contractor, missus just give birth y.day morning so could be doing without this ffs

Sponsored Links
Congratulations on the new baby!

In the meantime lift those two rows of lifted boards to remove the trip hazard in the room.

Congratulations on the new baby!

In the meantime lift those two rows of lifted boards to remove the trip hazard in the room.

thanks very much WYL, i was thinkn as the boards in the hall (bout 12 boards along) are glued and the livingroom 'floated' could this cause the problem, they are all connected

If you mean some of the boards in the hall also continue in the living room (warmer no doubt) this could be a contributing reason.

Sponsored Links
If you mean some of the boards in the hall also continue in the living room (warmer no doubt) this could be a contributing reason.

i mean the floor continues out into the hall without any breaks , ie door footboard, its all 1

Could have some influence, but seeing how short all your boards are I don't think that is the main reason for your problems.

(But it is always recommended to treat especially hallways as separate areas and install thresholds)

Could have some influence, but seeing how short all your boards are I don't think that is the main reason for your problems.

(But it is always recommended to treat especially hallways as separate areas and install thresholds)

all board lengths are different 10, 20 &30 in ches lng (approx), but if the livingroom floor is floating and expanding and the hall is glued too the floor would that not cause it buckle as there is no mvemnt in the hall floor?

The short length of your boards mean the effect of any problems caused by using two methods is limited. It would be a different case if boards between 1.5 - 2 meter long (partly fixed glued down, partly floating) were involved here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back