Obsolete Grundfos Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Have a Grundfos pump UPS 18 60 Super Selectric (Red body, Grey label) on an 11 rad conventional boiler microbore system, scoured the net for info but assume it is now obsolete.

If I need to replace this at some stage, having done a little research, I understand the UPS2 15 50/60 would be ok as a replacement.

Can someone tell me the difference between the UPS 15 5O/60 and could this be an option also.

Regards

Sponsored Links
Hi

Definitely UPS 18 60, other info from data plate....

240v 1 Phas 50hz 2.5 uF Speed A Winp rpm No D 8406
3 0,52 125 2200
2 0,44 105 1700
1 0.34 80 1250

Made in Denmark

Looks like an older model as Grundfos Logo which is centered above the name on newer pumps is missing just has GRUNDFOS and a registered trade mark symbol ie, R inside a circle.

Regards

Last edited:
The UPS2 is an electronically controlled pump and purports to use less energy.

Almost any pump with a similar maximum head will work in your system.

But if your current one is still working then there is no need to worry until it wears out.

Tony

Sponsored Links
That model is not even listed on Grundfos's "Replacement" web-page, so it must be old. I guess that 8406 mean sixth week of 1984!
The 18 is most likely the port size (mm), though it could the the distance between ports (cm). 60 is the head - same as 50/60 on the UPS2.

A UPS2 15-50/60 would be suitable, provided it fits.The important thing is the distance between the pipe connectors. If it's 130mm the new pump should slot in with no problem, but if it's 180mm you will need an adaptor to take up the 50mm gap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back