Occasional leaking from ROCA old style D1D drop valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hopefully someone can help.

I have a Roca cistern and I have identified that I have the older D1D drop valve (with shorter d shaped rods). Like this one here:
5cWYeZp.jpg

Occasionally (maybe one flush in 10) the valve sticks and water can be seen overflowing onto the pan. The first time I saw this I ordered and fitted a new diaphragm washer but this is not solving the issue.

Next I tried to shorten the rods a little but this also did not fix the issue. I fixed the rods back in place at teh longer length again using my friend Araldite rather than ordering new one's. The araldite worked just fine and the ros are back to their original length (I measured them carefully before trimming them).

I have seen from the Roca website that it could be the blue drop valve float and this kind of makes sense.

My float seems to move up and down the central pipe fairly freely and on the occasion I saw it leaking ti seems to have become stuck near the top where the white plastic outer cage had holes in. If I touched the float it dropped down to the bottom of the pole. It was like it was "floating" up and down if you excuse the pun.

The central tube has ridges down it do to my ming I assume that the ridges are to set the float to a certain height but I cannot find any instructions (that make any sense).

I thought "what the heck" and set the float to near the top of the settings. I did this by moving the float up towards the top and then rotating it a little. The float now seems to sit at the top but float is fairly free to rotate and therefore unset itself (not a positive action to rotate and fix the float) and I suspect in a few dozen flushes it will rotate itself and drop back down.

I'm not even sure the float is meant to be set like that.

Now the loo seems not to leak (yet) but the dual flush is not working anymore with the float fixed towards the top. Both buttons act as a short flush essentially.

I can try to move the float down a little or I can leave it flapping about to try and get it working right but some tips from someone who knows the setup would be appreciated. It will save me pis*ing in the wind. Problem is that its only intermittent so every possible fix I do may take a few weeks to manifest.

Anyone???

Cheers,
Paul

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back